Instagram: @iDropHits

12 Things A Parent Is Not.. One Mom's Hypocritical Advice.. Cost Of Childcare


Tuesday, August 21, 2012
To my dearly mistaken children:

Over the past five and a half years, you have developed a skewed vision of my job description. When I signed up for a lifetime career as "mommy," I wasn't prepared to add numerous new skills to my resume, skills such as expert nose-wiper and dependable garbage-disposal.

Keep Reading: 12 Things A Mom Is Not
Why This Mom's Advice Is Completely Hypocritical
WATCH: Celebs' Best Pieces Of Parenting Advice
6 Things That Don't Cost As Much As Child Care
Surprising New Argument In Favor Of Circumcision
7 Words To Know Before Your Kid Goes To Middle School
BLOG POSTS
Lisa Belkin: A Most 'Intense' Helicopter Mom
I often say that I have never actually met a helicopter parent. At least not one who describes themself that way. Everyone KNOWS a helicopter parent -- one who hovers and intrudes and smothers -- but they are always someone ELSE. I can't say that anymore.
Justin Cox: The Longest Week of Our Lives
The birth she imagined for herself had evaporated into a cloud of tubes and wires -- and now scalpels and anesthesia. As I sat and waited in that hallway, my love for her and our baby really was all-consuming.
Jessica F. Hinton: 'I'm Afraid To Throw Away My Children's Art'
All that art was too much. I hated having to make room for it. I hated feeling guilty about it. I hated that all of it, even the lone scribbles done in haste to rationalize her request for a new piece of paper, meant so much to me. I hated that I... was afraid, in fear of what could happen if I threw it away.
Wendy Widom: Journey of a (Mom's) Sex Toy
Yes, I -- a married mom -- took a sex class. The teacher was very gung-ho about mechanical apparatuses, and since she seemed to know her stuff and I'm an ambitious student, I thought, 'why not?'
Garry Gilfoy: Patience And Parenting
As an educator of teachers and counsellors, I never have to wait long to hear the next sentence that contains an expletive alongside the word "teenager." Having raised three of my own, I'm not unrealistic about the challenges that they can bring.

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.


No comments:

Post a Comment