Instagram: @iDropHits

Fwd: I Thought I Had Conquered My Fears Until I Saw Them In My Daughter

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "HuffPost Parents" <dailybrief@huffingtonpost.com>
Date: Oct 15, 2012 6:01 PM
Subject: I Thought I Had Conquered My Fears Until I Saw Them In My Daughter
To: "Dilemma Onassis" <idrophits@gmail.com>

Monday, October 15, 2012
Two weeks ago, Ellis and I went to the doctor to discover why, at 18-months-old, she isn't walking. She was poked, prodded and made to stumble down the halls while she held my hands. Ellis thought it was all a fun game until they wanted her to walk just holding one hand.

"Oh no!" She said and fell to her knees. The worried look in her eyes communicated that she thought this whole exercise was dangerous. More babies get hurt by walking. Haven't you seen the statistics?

Keep Reading: My Toddler Isn't Toddling
What Children Say About Taking ADHD Medications
Deep Thoughts From Honest Toddler
Behind The Scenes Of 'Call The Midwife'
WATCH: Frog Jumps On Baby's Face, Baby Doesn't Notice
WATCH: Dad Creates Incredible Time-Lapse Video
BLOG POSTS
Judy Bolton-Fasman: Not the Boy Scouts of My America
It's time that we did more than sign Karen Andresen's petition to protest the recalcitrant Boy Scouts of America. Until the BSA changes its anti-gay, anti-humane policy, no synagogue, church or school should sponsor a Boy Scout troop.
Amy Lennard Goehner: Infertility, Miscarriage, Autism, Widowhood -- and other Funny Tales
Fred and I had only 11 years together. But we packed a lot in.
Amy Ruhlin: Did You Get A Text Today?
When my daughter was in high school, she told me about a college friend who always made sure that if she texted one parent she would also text the other because if she did not, one parent would feel left out. I thought this was ridiculous. Now she is in college. "Did you get a text today?" I ask my husband.
Selena Cameron: How Work Saved Me From Postpartum Depression
The images conjured up by the mention of PPD are generally of mothers struggling to bond with their newborns and experiencing feelings of extreme sadness. Using my focus group of one, that's exactly what I thought of when someone brought up PPD. That is, until I went through it myself.
Jennifer Cullen: Wishing My Kids Were Little (Temporarily)
I get it. I have parents too. And, many years ago, I was also a teenager. So I'm fine with that. But if she ever wanted to hold my hand, I would let her.

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment